So Cool!

One of the things that I love about gardening is how aware it makes us of where our resources come from.  I felt this when I grew the luffa gourds last year.  I had always known that luffa came from the inside of a certain gourd but it never occurred to me that it was something that could be grown locally.  Earlier this year I went to a seed exchange and one of the items that I received was a small bag of sesame seeds.  I looked at the seeds and then at the man who had given them to me... I guess he could see the disbelief on my face because he grinned and said "RIGHT!?!"  

There are a few things that I want to try that are outside of the norm.  Tobacco and peanuts are on the short list. Sesame seeds, however, had never crossed my mind.  But...I thought I'd give it a shot and LOOK!!!!



Do you see all of those pods along the stalk?  Each one of them holds dozens of sesame seeds! 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Idle Hands Being What They Are...

Tiramisu For Keressa