Soap!

Making my own lye soap has been on the to do list for years... the one thing that got in my way was my fear of working with the lye. I'm not very graceful and I spill...a lot!  The thought of doing so with lye is terrifying.  BUT... sometimes you just have to get over it and move on so that's what I did!  AND I LOVED IT!   Online soapmakers have told me that once I tried it I'd be hooked and I can honestly say that they were right...I cant wait to make the next batch!   
 
 
I wanted to start with a basic soap that I didn't have to fiddle with dye and scents.  I chose an Oatmeal and Honey Goat's Milk recipe. 
 
 
It has ground oatmeal inside of it which should make for a fantastic exfoliating soap.

 
I love how it turned out!  Now comes the long wait to let it cure before I can use it!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Idle Hands Being What They Are...

Tiramisu For Keressa