Mehndi

I've been facinated for the longest time by Mehndi.



For those of you who don't know, Mehndi is the application of henna to the skin using sybolic patterns and designs. The henna dyes the skin a beautiful copper color. Much of the time Mehndi is used as a way of honoring a meaningful event.

In recent years it has become popular for pregnant women to have these symbols painted on their pregnant tummy.




I want to be able to do this for my clients and others who choose to express themselves with this art so I've been practicing some of the various symbols. I have a long ways to go before I'm accomplished enough to do it for others! Here is a picture of my hand after I was practicing on it with marker...Sorry about the quality...It was taken on my camera phone:

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Idle Hands Being What They Are...

Tiramisu For Keressa