We have BABIES!!!!!

Every once in a while one of the hens goes broody.  They sit on their eggs and are determined to have babies. They get VERY cranky and will peck at you and raise a fuss if you try to move them or "their" eggs.   There's a pretty involved process to go through to get them past this but once they've been broody, it's likely to happen again.  One of my blue laced girls has been broody several times and I couldn't stand to disappoint her again so I bought some fertilized eggs for her to hatch.  

Every day waiting for that tiny peep peep peep of chicks has been agony!   The wait ended this week!  I came home from work the other day and when I opened up the door to check on her THIS is what I saw!

Do you see it??  That tiny baby right next to her momma! 

It didn't take long for the others to hatch and now the coop is full of feathers and baby chirps! 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tiramisu For Keressa

Idle Hands Being What They Are...