Use It!



I've begun taking a look at my massive amount of craft supplies with a critical eye.  I realized that I've fallen into that trap that so many crafters do... buying more and more things that never get used because they're being saved for just the right project.  
So... the name of my game for the next little while is going to be utilizing all of the things that I've been holding onto for years! 

I'm still in love with this metal foil technique!  I thought I'd try a few new things this time around so I used dried botanicals under the foil and colored parts of it with alcohol ink.  

The pressed leaves are the first of my saved items to be used... I've have cigar boxes full of them that I have had for years!  The ginkgo leaf I found on a sidewalk in St. Paul, MN in 2003.  Jeesh!  Use that shit already!  Am I right??  





The lower right hand shows a stalk of dried rice that I grew in my garden last year.  I LOVE how it looks under the foil! 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tiramisu For Keressa

Idle Hands Being What They Are...