Molcajete!

I LOVE the molcajete that is served at a local Mexican restaurant!  I have been wanting to try making it at home and finally bit the bullet...and I'm SO glad I did!


Molcajete is actually the name of the bowl.  It's sold as a mortar and pestle and is made from volcanic rock.  I bought two of them and if I had known how much work it would be to clean them for their initial use I would have been tempted to just make fajitas!  :-)

I'm really glad that I did it in the end though!  It was delicious and a real treat to have it in the comfort of our own home.

There are hundreds of recipes that can be prepared in the molcajete.  The one that I tried turned out so much like the restaurant version!  I found it here!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tiramisu For Keressa

Idle Hands Being What They Are...