Raised Beds!

I've spent the past several weeks working on the garden space.  Because we live on a mountain, most of what we grow is going to need raised beds.  The previous owners had a pile of old deck boards in one corner of the yard and I decided to use them to build some beds. 

The garden space was basically just a pile of clay and rocks that were left when the storm shelter was put in.

 
I shoveled and raked until the area was flatish and as level as the gigantic rocks in the ground would allow. I saved many of the rocks and was able to reuse them to level the bottom of the beds.

 
Clearly there is more cleanup to be done... and there wont be plants in there this year... but spring will come before I know it!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Idle Hands Being What They Are...

Tiramisu For Keressa