Independence

It's kind of funny that the reality that I'm single for the first time ever is hitting me on Independence Day. 

But that is indeed my reality. My family is 1000 miles away and I have times when it hits me hard...but it's holidays…when I would normally be surrounded by my family…that it hits me the hardest. 

The summer holidays are one thing…but Thanksgiving and Christmas may be where my perspective changes even further. I'm not going to dwell on it too much right now. So for today…While I may not be surrounded by family…I will be surrounded by friends….and Harley (The kitten finally has a name!) 

And in addition to celebrating the independence of our country…I'll be celebrating the fact that my own independence, while not always easy…is teaching me lessons I've needed to learn…and affording me opportunities that I wouldn't otherwise have had.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tiramisu For Keressa

Idle Hands Being What They Are...