Ahhhhh...VACATION

I LOVE vacation! 
I've never had one before...but now that I've had a taste I am hooked! We were sitting around the house at the beginning of last month and up and decided to drive to Branson, MO for a few days! We made some reservations,packed the dogs in the car and went on our merry way! 

First let me just say this....NICE,VERY NICE! I'm a little bit in love with the total freedom of having no real chores or schedule!! WOOT! The vacation was great but the VERY best part was the drive! The scenery is astonishing. There were times when I was speechless and times I would feel like laughing out loud at the beauty of it all. The main strip of Branson seems like a miniature Vegas. We planned on seeing a few shows but were really more interested in really seeing the town. 

Driving around we were thrilled to discover the historical downtown of Branson which seemed to have a much more healthy energy than the strip did. The real treasure in Branson though is the natural resources that circle the city. Hills, creeks, trees.....Beautiful! We got settled into a hotel that looked looks a castle inside and out. Had a nice meal and then we took in the most amazing show that I have ever seen! The Acrobats of China! I can't even begin to find the words to describe it so check out this VIDEO We spent most of the next day at Silver Dollar City and had a great time people watching and exploring.
 
 Oh yeah...that's right...CANDY...homemade...an entire store of it.....
We planned to stay a third night but missed our own bed desperately so we came home the next day...Great to be home but I'm determined that we take at least a short trip somewhere at least once a year as it seemed to soothe the homicidal thoughts that prevail when I'm overwhelmed by the mundane!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Idle Hands Being What They Are...

Tiramisu For Keressa