Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Perspective

When you're in pain it's easy to lose sight of the big picture.

I wrote the other day about being uncomfortable with how hard my heart was feeling. That's just not who I am and I'm glad to say that wasn't a permanent change. I've always been a very happy person and I'm not going to let the actions of 2 people who don't care about me steal my joy.

While I see the need to protect myself and not let myself get taken advantage of, I also know that I'm a tolerant person who forgives the faults of those I love. There needs to be a balance there but I'm NOT going to err on the side of caution when it comes to those who love me....It's just not in me to hold people at arms length and limit access to my affection.

We've all been hurt by people we love...some of us get hard and some of us, me included, forgive and move on. I have a man who loves me, a great relationship with my brother, and the support of a few great friends...I refuse to not love them with everything I have just because not everyone in the periphery of my life is worthy of that.

No comments:

Post a Comment