Sunday, February 7, 2010

Trial Run

I've seen the Daybook approach to blogging on several other sites and I think I'm going to give it a try here. I get caught up in the mindset that everything I type on here needs to be profound....and let's be honest here...I'm not just overflowing with wisdom...that may explain why I never post! :o) Anyway...I'm not really blogging to enlighten anyone...I'm doing it as a way to highlight the events of my life and share a few pictures and thoughts along the way. So here goes:


Outside my window...it's dark and sleeting. The yard is tidy though since I cleaned up out there this morning. The dogs and rain have made a mess of the lawn and so I spread a bale of straw over it...Jake and Lola are not impressed!

I am thankful for... Everything. My attitude has been so yucky for a long time now and all of the sudden it's as though my eyes have been opened and I realize that I have absolutely nothing, not even the smallest thing, to complain about! There are so many people in this world who struggle...

From the kitchen... I made a great 15 Bean Soup with ham. Also made cornbread sticks in those cast iron pans that are shaped like a cob of corn. They're fun...and I like how crunchy they are.

No comments:

Post a Comment